Espionage folders in sidebar?

Started by gllark, June 27, 2010, 03:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gllark

Hello,

is it possible to launch the espionage mounts at startup in Finder´s sidebar? Pathfinder does, but Finder unfortunately not.

Thanks.

Regards

gllark

greg

Quote from: "gllark"is it possible to launch the espionage mounts at startup in Finder´s sidebar? Pathfinder does, but Finder unfortunately not.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "launch the espionage mounts at startup". Are you referring to autounlocking folders when you login? If so, that can be done by clicking the appropriate checkbox in Espionage.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

gllark

Hi Greg,

I have a few business folders encrypted with espionage which is a very helpful piece of software for me. If I open Pathfinder I can see them on the sidebar as "devices". But not so in Finder. I can´t also drag the folder into "places" because an espionage-"folder" is just an alias. My question is: is there a way to get a shortcut to my espionage folders in the sidebar of Finder?

gllark

greg

Ah OK, understood. Yes, use  the locked folder (not the unlocked folder), as your shortcut.

So, lock the folder, and then drag it into the side bar. You can also drag it into the Finder window's tool bar (at the top of the window), and into the Dock. The behavior of each is slightly different.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

gllark

That´s exactly what I wanted. Works great. Thanks a lot.