Skipping folder 'SyncServices' for iTunes ...

Started by chaplin, October 28, 2010, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaplin

Hi,

I have been using espionage for a while especially with Mail. Everything was perfect for me with 2.8.5 but after updating to 2.8.7 I am starting to get strange alert messages "Skipping folder 'SyncServices' for iTunes, don't have record for it!" this is very annoying  and since I have nothing except Mail configured, I am wandering why are some SyncServices from iTunes involved. Could someone please throw some light on this issue.

Thx in advance

greg

Hi chaplin,

Try adding the SyncServices folder to Espionage, and give it the same password as you use for your Mail folder. It's located in your Library folder, here:

/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/SyncServices
If that doesn't help, let me know!

Kind regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

ckraft

I get the same error and have the same question. Why is Espionage even poking around in directories I didn't tell it to encrypt or backup?

I don't plan on making the suggested change because I don't want it touching any directories except the one I told it to, the mail directory.

-- Chris

greg

Quote from: "ckraft"I get the same error and have the same question. Why is Espionage even poking around in directories I didn't tell it to encrypt or backup?

I don't plan on making the suggested change because I don't want it touching any directories except the one I told it to, the mail directory.

-- Chris

Chris, the SyncServices folder contains copies of data related to your email, and so if you tell Espionage to encrypt your mail, it makes sure to get everything relevant. We strongly recommend encrypting it, but of course you are free to leave it unencrypted. However, to fix the error message, you should temporarily add it to Espionage (you can choose "No encryption") and then remove it.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!