Help! Could not unhide disk image

Started by danfishbach, February 22, 2011, 05:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danfishbach

Tried to unlock drive, and alias opens to a blank directory.  Tried to remove protection but Getting this message: Could not unhide the disk image for 'Marc Liddell Images - Protected' inside the 'Archive Drive' folder, please contact support.

Cannot unlock drive.  Please help!!  Is everything lost??????

danfishbach

Also getting errors:

"Critical alert! Couldn't restore 'Images - Protected'.   Check the log."
"Critical alert! Failed to delete the alias for 'Images - Protected.'

greg

Hi danfishbach,

Sorry for the delay in response.

That's a rather rare error, it sounds like you'll need to use a program called iVisible to locate and manually restore the disk image:

http://www.mikes-software.de/downloads/ivisible/index.html

• Run that program and use it to show invisible items.
  • Go into the "Archive Drive"
  • Locate the file called '.Marc Liddell Images - Protected.sparseimage' (or .sparsebundle) and rename it to remove the dot from the front of its name (this will unhide it)
  • Follow the manual restore procedure in the link below:

Manual restore procedure.

If you have followup questions, I should warn you that tomorrow I will be leaving on a business trip and won't be fully back and ready to respond to support inquiries until Sunday. My sincere apologies for this leave of absence.

Best regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

danfishbach

Greg - I have tried what you suggested above, however when I try to rename the hidden folder without the . I get "An unexpected error occurred (error code -8065). and I cannot rename

greg

Quote from: "danfishbach"Greg - I have tried what you suggested above, however when I try to rename the hidden folder without the . I get "An unexpected error occurred (error code -8065). and I cannot rename

In that case, you may want to try running a disk repair program on the drive (like DiskWarrior), as it sounds like it might be the case that something is wrong with the drive or the file system on the drive.

If you have any backups of the folder (made via any means), you can restore the folder from the backups by following the restoration instructions:

http://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/Espi ... ackup.html
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!