Mail as a login item unlocked itself.

Started by ravedog, July 05, 2009, 01:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravedog

I started my mac tonight when i got home from work, and one of the login items is Mail. I walked away from the computer to let it boot up and load everything, and came back to it and Mail was running. If I manually quit and relaunch Mail, it does ask me for my password.

Any ideas?

Followup: I noticed that "Autounlock at login" was checked so I am guessing that is the reason. However, why would anyone want that feature? If they want their data secured, a simple reboot of the machine would unlock all their data without any user interaction. Seems strange.

greg

Quote from: "ravedog"Followup: I noticed that "Autounlock at login" was checked so I am guessing that is the reason. However, why would anyone want that feature? If they want their data secured, a simple reboot of the machine would unlock all their data without any user interaction. Seems strange.

Please see my response to you in this thread for why this is a desirable feature.  You should have auto-login disabled (from the Accounts System Preferences), then they wouldn't be able to access that data.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!