[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Dragging Desktop Files to Finder Window

Dragging Desktop Files to Finder Window

General discussion about Espionage 2.

Dragging Desktop Files to Finder Window

Postby neal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 pm

The only unwanted behavior I've experienced with Espionage is this: When i drag a desktop file to a Finder window, Espionage opens a popup window right in the middle of the file list preventing me from completing the operation. How can this be thwarted?

Drag PopUp.tiff
Drag PopUp.tiff (39.97 KiB) Viewed 9115 times
neal

Re: Dragging Desktop Files to Finder Window

Postby greg » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby neal » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:49 am

Thanks for the reply, greg. I'm running v 2.8.13 on Mac OS X 10.6.8, and yes, I have encrypted folders in the Documents folder, and I'm dragging to another non-encrypted subfolder within Documents by dragging to the Macintosh HD desktop icon, or the Finder icon in the dock. I've since discovered that this happens when my Espionage folder is EXPANDED in Documents, but not when it isn't. OK, I can live with that, but I wish I didn't have to check first before dragging a file into Documents. Is there another solution?

Meanwhile, I've discovered another unwanted behavior -- when I drag files into an Espionage folder, it sometimes shows Icon View instead of desired List view. I keep all my folders in List view, except a different Espionage folder. I tried and can't duplicate the condition right now.
neal

Postby greg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm not sure about the list/icon view issue, and it's interesting that it only happens sometimes. I'm unsure as to how to help there, but with respect to the password prompt appearing uninvited, we've listed some common things to watch out for here:

https://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/Esp ... rompt.html
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 2