[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - Dropbox issue

Dropbox issue

General discussion about Espionage 3.

Dropbox issue

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm trying to follow the instructions, "Using Dropbox with Espionage". I've moved a locked folder disc image to Dropbox and copied the password. The disk image has transferred to my other computer. On my other computer, I've unlocked Espionage and dragged the disk image to the Espionage icon in the menubar. Now, when I try to mount the disk image, I get a spinning Dropbox icon in the menubar. When I click on the Dropbox icon, the banner opens and says, "Can't sync ".Trashes": access denied.
Jason

Re: Dropbox issue

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Need some help here. Thank you.
Jason

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm hung up on this step:

"On computer B, unlock Espionage and then drag the disk image onto the Espionage icon in the menubar to import the disk image. Enter the password that you copied in step 2 and choose create or choose an existing folder as the mountpoint (where you will eventually access the data):"

How do I enter the password that I copied in step 2?
Jason

Postby sjf_control » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:27 pm

sjf_control

Postby Jason » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:45 am

Still struggling with this.
Jason

Postby zsolt » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:23 am

Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Postby zsolt » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:03 am

To forum readers: Jason also submitted a support ticket for the same topic, and here is his latest update:

I finally resolved the issue. The concept that I did not understand and finally figured out through trial and error is that sync'd folders has to live outside of Dropbox on both computers, and only the sparseimage is in Dropbox. As a non-programmer, I never could figure out symbolic links, and thus always keep all my files in Dropbox and not in the Documents folder. So, my suggestion would be to make this more obvious to non-power users.

It's all working fine now.

We will update the help file to make this detail clearer.

Thanks to Jason for sharing this with us.
Follow for news! | For general Mac support, please visit
zsolt
Tao Effect Support

Return to Espionage 3