[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Tao Effect Forums • View topic - v3 with dropbox

v3 with dropbox

General discussion about Espionage 3.

v3 with dropbox

Postby gregturnbull » Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Just read through the protocol and dire warnings on using espionage v3 with Dropbox.

What if I (definitely) do not want to run espionage on all of the 6 machines (macs and PCs) that sync from my Dropbox account?

If I have to run espionage everywhere, AND, be certain to unlock the folder (namely the whole ^%$# 100GB dropbox) ONLY when it is fully synced and locked on all other machines, then dropbox loses most of its fail-safe, idiot-proof backup utility.

Oh, Mamma, can this really be . . . the end?
gregturnbull

Re: v3 with dropbox

Postby greg » Tue May 29, 2012 12:21 am

Hi gregturnbull,

No, you don't need to use Espionage on all those 6 machines, just on the machines that you plan on using it on. On the other machines, if you don't use Espionage, just don't touch the disk image(s).
Follow for news!
greg
Tao Effect Support

Postby gregturnbull » Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 am

We are not understanding each other, I think.

It's not just passive backup that I want with Dropbox.
I want to access files, and add files to folders, and delete files, and share files, from multiple desktops and mobile devices.
If the given folder in dropbox (or the whole dropbox account) is encrypted as an image, it would not be viewable, much less able to be added to or deleted from, without vEsp3 installed on the current device, correct? If so, then I have no further need for espy because to use it is to give up on the current functionality of Dropbox.
gregturnbull

Postby gregturnbull » Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 am

meanwhile, how do I remove (uninstall) version 2?
gregturnbull

Postby sjf_control » Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

I think you misunderstand. You don't want to encrypt the whole Dropbox acct. you just want to store specific encrypted folders in the Dropbox. Then they can be accessed from all machines that have access to that Dropbox.
sjf_control

Postby gregturnbull » Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 am

But you said not to touch them from devices not running esp3
gregturnbull

Postby sjf_control » Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 am

sjf_control

Postby gregturnbull » Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 am

Sorry. The protocol (not "you") suggests never updating the Dropbox folder from another non-esp3 device.
I'll run a test folder to check results.
gregturnbull

Postby sjf_control » Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 pm

sjf_control

Postby gregturnbull » Tue May 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Correct. The problem boils down to this: I want encryption on my MacBook pro only. Not in the cloud (unless provided by the cloud service itself).
gregturnbull

Next

Return to Espionage 3