Espionage Crashed when I installed Lion 10.7.2

Started by Christine, January 10, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christine

I need help.  Espionage is not responding to my previous e-mails since December 2011.  I realize the customer support person (only 1) has impaired health keeping him/her from responding to customer questions, so I am taking my question to the public as I wait for help from Espionage/Tao.  

When I installed Lion OS X 10.7.2 my Espionage program crashed. The verbiage for the error message that I receive is as follows: "Espionage's helper application appears to have crashed.  This should not happen, so please accept our apologies.  Espionage cannot be modified while the helper isn't running, try using the preferences to re-run it or quit and relaunch Espionage.  Please consider filing a bug report, we will do our best to fix the problem." I believe the program may have crashed since Espionage did NOT have the latest updates prior to install of Lion OS X.  The resulting issue is that I am unable to access my Espionage software program in "applications" on my mac computer.  Therefore, I am unable to unencrypt all the files that are encrypted via Espionage, nor can I even follow the directions of the error message as I can not even access Espionage on my tool bar when I am attempting to open the program.  Not only can I not unencrypt my files, but I simply can not even get into the Espionage software program, so I can not answer questions on exactly what version of Espionage I have, nor do I have any control over the program i.e. I can not encrypt more files, can't unencrypt files so I can back up docs in file to my external hard drive.  

Since Espionage customer support has not been helpful to me, I contacted Apple support and we tried to trouble shoot the program problem.  The only resolution we were able to determine was that I need to unistall Espionage, unfortunately, I can not even do that since I can not open Espionage.  Espionage can not be uninstalled by 3rd party programs, so I have no other recourse but to work with Espionage to find a way to resolve my problem.  Any feedback from viewers of this post, would be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you!

Christine

Well, I received a generic e-mail response for the second time from Espionage providing me a license file that can not even be opened and does not even reflect a file type in the name of the attachment.  Then in the body of the e-mail there is a link to download espionage, but the link does not even work.  Then below the link the e-mail provides directions to find assistance through the FAQ area of Espionage.  Unfortunately, I have exhausted all these avenues with no avail.  I can not get my license as my e-mail address and password when I signed up for Espionage is no longer at my disposal since most of my life is in a storage unit, including the documentation for the original purchase of Espionage.  I have guessed using all known e-mails and passwords, but access to potentially update my computer with Espionage updates is not an option for me.  My back is against the wall and I don't suspect Espionage cares about the problems I am incurring.  

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

zsolt

Dear Christine, my name is Zsolt and from now on I will be the primary support representative for product questions. Our sincere apologies for the delay that occurred.
If you are still experiencing this issue and require support please reply and I'll be happy to assist you.
Thank you,
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support