Updating Espionage

Started by ssh, April 18, 2013, 06:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssh

What is the proper way to update Espionage? I'm currently on 3.0.0 and when I install 3.0.4, it drops into Applications and asks for a new license instead of into the Espionage folder where 3.0.0 is.

Thanks.

zsolt

Between version 3 and some later version, I think 3.0.3 we decided to move the folder where Espionage stores the data.
In version 3 it was the same folder as with espionage 2, i.e. yourhoomefolder/Library/Application Support/Espionage, but this created some conflicts, so now the data is in the same path, but in the com.taoeffect.Espionage3 instead Espionage.
But AFAIK Espionage handles this automatically, no one reported any problems with this so far.

When you put back the Espionage 3.0 does everything work normally?
And with Espionage 3.0.4 do you see your protected folders, and is it just the license creating problems, or is your espionage empty?

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

ssh

How would you suggest I get the license into the 3.0.4 installation? Having lost my encrypted files when upgrading to Espionage 3, I am very hesitant to do anything manual to the install for fear of losing my files, again. What are the precise steps I should follow to upgrade from 3.0.0 (which is in the folder) to 3.0.4 (which by default is not)?

Thank you.

ssh

Quote from: "ssh"How would you suggest I get the license into the 3.0.4 installation? Having lost my encrypted files when upgrading to Espionage 3, I am very hesitant to do anything manual to the install for fear of losing my files, again. What are the precise steps I should follow to upgrade from 3.0.0 (which is in the folder) to 3.0.4 (which by default is not)?

Thank you.
Help, please?!  :(

zsolt

Hello, if you want to be on the safe(st) side, then lets make a remote session and I check out what do you have now, and where should we move it.
If that I all right to you, I would be available at around this time tomorrow (I'm gmt+2, and will be online from 9:30PM)
Let me know
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

ssh

Quote from: "zsolt"Hello, if you want to be on the safe(st) side, then lets make a remote session and I check out what do you have now, and where should we move it.
If that I all right to you, I would be available at around this time tomorrow (I'm gmt+2, and will be online from 9:30PM)
Let me know
Rgds
Zsolt
Apologies... I was on the road this week and just returned home... let me know your availability for the weekend?

Thanks!

Best,
ssh

zsolt

I'm available most of the day, just mail me at mailto:macme@macmesupport.com">macme@macmesupport.com when ready.
Note that tomorrow I'm out whole day, so if possible schedule it for today.

Rgds
Zsolt

ssh

Thank you for your help today!

zsolt

I'm glad we sorted it out. In case of any problems or questions, just let me know.
Rgds
Zsolt