I deleted an encrypted folder. Now I keep getting a critical alert. How to stop?

Started by shambhavi, October 15, 2013, 01:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shambhavi

In the process of upgrading from Espionage 2 to 3, I unlocked a folder that had been encrypted, copied it to a new location, renamed it and deleted the original. Now everytime Espionage boots up, I get a critical alert that it can't find  the original folder. I tried to make a new folder with the old name in the old location, but Espionage won't let me do that.

How can I stop the alerts?  :P

zsolt

Hello, If you open Espionage, do you see a folder in the folder list which has some red remarks near the name? If it does, it might be either missing mountpoint, of missing disk image. Click on the small "i" near the folder name, you will end up at the folder options window and there you can fix both of these using appropriate pull down menus...

Let me know if this did not help you.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

shambhavi

Hi,  thanks for your reply. There is no folder with red marks near the name. The thing is, I deleted the original folder and then upgraded Espionage. I only had one encrypted folder to begin with, and after I deleted it and upgraded, no folders appear in the folder list.

zsolt

OK, then this probably means that the version 2 was not properly uninstalled and it is version 2 which complains about the missing folder, whereas the Espionage 3 does not have any folders yet as you did not add it to it.
I guess you have two padlock icons in the menu bar...one for espionage 2 and the other for espionage 3...
Please do the following:

In your applications folder, the espionage is probably the version 3. Quit the espionage 3 using the espionage 3 menu bar padlock and selecting the quit option from the lower right corner cog menu.
Then rename the espionage in the applications folder into Espionage3
Now download the espionage 2 from this link:
http://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/download/Espionage.dmg
put it into applicaitons folder, launch it, now, select uninstall option from the espionage menu, this will decrypt all the folders in case there are any, and then uninstall espionage 2. This should make one padlock icon go away.

Now you can delete espionage 2 from application folder, rename the espionage3 back to espionage, launch it and use it forever and ever :-)

Let me know if you get stuck.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support