How do I uninstall Espionage 3

Started by jmartin73, June 09, 2012, 12:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmartin73

Hello, I recently purchased Espionage 3 and have decided its not for me. I went to uninstall it and there appears to be no uninstall option as suggested by some of the FAQs. I am not sure if the uninstall directions I was reading were for a different version, but I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

chipmck

Quote from: "jmartin73"Hello, I recently purchased Espionage 3 and have decided its not for me. I went to uninstall it and there appears to be no uninstall option as suggested by some of the FAQs. I am not sure if the uninstall directions I was reading were for a different version, but I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.
ditto

zsolt

Hello,

Simply unencrypt the folders you added to Espionage by right clicking on the folder in the folder list and selecting restore folder, and then quit Espionage and delete it, that's all.

Let me know if you need further help, and let me know the reason you do not like it, it would be a valuable input for us.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

chipmck

Quote from: "zsolt"Let me know if you need further help, it would be a valuable input for us.
What happens with iSpy.kext?

zsolt

iSpy is not there in V3 any more, it should have been gone once you uninstalled V2.
This is why there is no more password prompt when you click on the folder in Finder....we made is simpler...
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

acuraice

i think the ispykext file does still exist,and maybe thats why these errors are occurring! at least for me. when i boot up in single user mode(command S) and then shutdown the computer it hangs for a few scripts saying something along the lines of error ispy.kext.... i believe there are traces of it still somewhere on the system even though i used an appcleaner that removes ALL traces of the application before it securely deletes them entirely. strange,very strange. i will try to make a note of the exact error displayed while logging out/shutting down with single user mode enabled.

acuraice

a ha!! i just did a search with a program called better search that actually finds stuff unlike apple's spotlight and the built in search function,even when the entire system's contents have been freshly indexed but anyway it found many results for the ispy.kext still found on my system even after uninstalling the older version many times with appcleaner and cleanmymac's uninstaller functions that finds and removes all traces of data associated with uninstalling user applications. I wonder if the ispy.kext has system privileges and is not letting the uninstallers completely remove it from my system even though no errors were thrown from wither app when i did the many uninstallations. i will try to manually remove all traces of the ispy.kext and then see if these errors/bugs continue to happen. are you sure that the new version does indeed NOT use the ispy.kext file at all before i completely remove all traces of it and then the new version will be screwed up????

zsolt

Hello again,

If you want to manually uninstall Espionage V2, these are the files you need to remove:

/Users/[your username]/Library/LaunchAgents/com.taoeffect.EspionageHelper.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/iSpy.kext
/Library/iSpy
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.taoeffect.ispyd.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.taoeffect.Espionage.plist (might not exist)
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.taoeffect.Espionage (might not exist)
/Users/[your username]/Library/Services/EspionageMenu.service (might not exist)

of course you need to delete the Espionage V2 application from the applications folder too.

Then reboot your mac,

I hope this helps

Zsolt