Mountain lion

Started by stingmusik, September 18, 2012, 11:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stingmusik

I cant unlock my folders in Mountain Lion. Critical Alert says: ... the image failed to mount

zsolt

Hello, would you be so kind to open console, select "All messages" and then try to unlock the folder once again and watch the console. Espionage should write some error messages into it, please provide me with those messages.

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

stingmusik

Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: ERROR (-[NSFileManager(TEAdditions) moveFile:toDirectory:]:43): rename resulted in: 13
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: ERROR (mountImageForRecordWithPassword:702): couldn't move image: /Kass/.Kass.sparsebundle
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: INFO: Posted critical message: Failed to mount image for 'Kass'
   Check the log (see Espionage Help menu) for more info.
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: ERROR (unlockRecordWithPassword:1682): failed to unlock (/Kass): Couldn't unlock 'Kass' because the image failed to mount!
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: INFO: Posted critical message: Couldn't unlock 'Kass' because the image failed to mount!
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: ERROR (-[UnlockRecordTask runTask]:77): Failed to unlock: /Kass
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local EspionageHelper[271]: ERROR (event_handler:496): handler failed to unlock: /Kass
Sep 19 18:28:41 Stens-dator-2.local defaults[13590]:
   Domain (com.apple.syncserver) not found.
   Defaults have not been changed.

zsolt

Hello, it seems that you are running version 2, is that correct?
If yes, then the problem is here:
ERROR (mountImageForRecordWithPassword:702): couldn't move image: /Kass/.Kass.sparsebundle

the way how Espionage 2 works is that when you unlock a folder, Espionage will first move the disk image containing the data from the protected folder (in this case seems to be /Kass, into it's parent folder, which in this case would be the root folder itself.
But, due to ,probably, lack of permission, it cannot move the disk image directly into root folder.

We can probably adjust the permissions to make the move possible, but it is a bit strange that you use folders which are under root folder, normally the user folders are in /Users/Username folder, and there the permissions are preset for you.

Did this setup ever work?

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

stingmusik

Yes it has always function well before I switch to Mountain Lion. I don't know why this folder is a root folder (and don't know the difference (root/User folder)

But how to make it function?

Kind regards

zsolt

Hello, are you available for a remote session, I would be able to do it right now. Please reply within 30 minutes to mailto:macme@macmesupport.com">macme@macmesupport.com, then we can check this out together.

If we do not manage to meet today then I would be available tomorrow same time.
It stop working in Mountain Lion probably because of tightened security in comparison to Lion...

Let me know your availability.
Rgds
Zsolt

stingmusik

Im availebly now

zsolt

Just for the record, the problem was that the folder user protected was not in his user folder but in the root, so with Lion and Mountain Lion due to tighter security it is not possible to move the disk images around.
Once we moved the folder into his user folder all worked fine.