Growl notifications not turning off

Started by ravedog, July 05, 2009, 09:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravedog

I initially had Growl turned on for notifications, but I decided to revert back to the apps internal notifications, so I unchecked "Use Growl for Notifications." I kept getting them. SO I went into Growl and turned off both Espionage apps in there. Was unchecking the option in Espionage supposed to accomplish this?

greg

Quote from: "ravedog"Was unchecking the option in Espionage supposed to accomplish this?

Yes, although it should be mentioned (and it is in the manual), that there are a couple caveats to notifications:

• Espionage has built-in notifications, and also supports using Growl. Are you sure you didn't confuse the two?
  • Only informational notifications can be disabled from within Espionage (they're green, if you use the built-in notifications). Alerts, and Critical Alerts cannot be disabled, nor should they be.

So, are you certain that you situation didn't fall under one of those? Is it possible that you might have mistaken alerts for info notifications?
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

ravedog

Espionage's built-in notifications are 3 different colored boxes that appear in the upper right hand corner. I have Espionage's prefs set to allow those. I have Growl notifications set to off. However, when Espionage is doing any sort of process, your notifications pop up as planned, but also a Growl semi-transparent Bezel fades in and out center of the main monitor. Am i correct in assuming that those are not your built-in ones?

greg

Quote from: "ravedog"Espionage's built-in notifications are 3 different colored boxes that appear in the upper right hand corner. I have Espionage's prefs set to allow those. I have Growl notifications set to off. However, when Espionage is doing any sort of process, your notifications pop up as planned, but also a Growl semi-transparent Bezel fades in and out center of the main monitor. Am i correct in assuming that those are not your built-in ones?

That's very odd. The notifications should be either the built-in ones, or Growl's, never both. Are you certain Espionage is responsible for it? Screenshots of what you're seeing might help.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

ravedog

Ok, I found the source of the problem. (I have too much crap running my system). I have a sys pref called Peripheral Vision that puts up a growl like (same) notification when devices such as drives or USB or Firewire devices are mounted or unmounted. That is what I was seeing. It was telling me when a new volume appeared and went away. So my bad!