Been Espionaged. sos.

Started by vivid, October 20, 2011, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vivid

Hi all
Upon recovering a dead hard drive at Microcenter, I tripped across the previously hidden or deleted desktop of my ex-boyfriend.  It showed - with extreme clarity - that he had been surveilling me in every way possible throughout the approximate year long relationship and Espionage was part of what he used.  I am not a computer person, but I could see that he had access to my iphone texts, my email, my idisc, my mobileme and other email accounts, my pictures, diary, etc.  He had programs set up to send him a digest of my emails regularly, do screen captures and key-logging. He created a new volume and server on my computer I think.
  Disturbing to say the least.  
I have had to buy a new computer and stop all use of the old hard drives ---it's impossible for me to know how he gained and maintained access and to hire someone would end up costing more than a new computer.
What I would like to know is whether there is a way I can access the data he took from my hard drive through Espionage.  He had access to my physical computers and bottom line passwords. So, I find myself without access to files on my now transferred content (it was his password) and encrypted files.  
Any ideas?
thanks

greg

Quote from: "vivid"What I would like to know is whether there is a way I can access the data he took from my hard drive through Espionage.  He had access to my physical computers and bottom line passwords. So, I find myself without access to files on my now transferred content (it was his password) and encrypted files.  
Any ideas?
thanks

If he encrypted your files with a password that only he knows using Espionage I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to assist you there. Our software is designed to protect data and keep it secure, if you could access it without the password that would be a real problem. I'm not sure what else to suggest, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation, I hope it resolves itself amicably.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!