CPU 100% and CPU temp ~89 deg cel after installing Espionage

Started by zeradig, August 24, 2011, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeradig

Hi, I'm on a Macbook Pro with osx lion.
After installing the newest Espionage, my laptop's fans blows really fast and the temperature is very high. I checked whats using the processors through iStat & Activity monitor; it turns out that mds & mdworker are the processes that are hogging the cpu, and the average laptop temp now is 89 degrees celcius. I haven't had this problem before installing Espionage. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

mike

Hi Zeradig,

mds and mdworker aren't related to Espionage, it's a part of the Spotlight feature on OS X. This is normal if Spotlight is indexing your drive or any sparse bundle files such as the encrypted folders.

If you click on Spotlight on top right, do you see Spotlight say that it is indexing anything?

Indexing takes a lot of power and usually it can take a while for it to finish. You should wait it out until it is finished. After that, it'll return to normal and it will not do that again for the same folder or drives.

Please let me know how it turns out.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

zeradig

Hi Mike, I was encrypting alot of folders, it took Spotlight several hours to index the files, making my really laptop really hot . After Spotlight was done, everything is normal now.

Thanks for your reply  :)

mike

Glad to hear that it worked out in the end and you're welcome.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

andrew15

Glad to hear that.