Lost iMail functionality

Started by nydo, August 16, 2011, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nydo

I've a MacBook Pro in which I've installed 'Espionage' application. In 'Espionage' (2.8.13) I've stored 'iMail'.
Last Friday I installed Mac OS X Lion, i.e. upgraded my MacBook operating system. Before 'Espionage' and 'iMail' acted (worked together) perfectly. After installing I've receveid several messages (Alerts) and 'iMail' doesn't act faultlessly as it did before intallation:

Critical Alert!
Can't reloc folders for 'Mail' because the assosiation was removed.
Espionage's advanced preferences)

Constantly I've received messages in Finnish: "Yhdistettäessä palvelimeen tapahtui virhe. Osoitteita, joiden tyyppi on "file", ei tueta.
Translation from Finnish to English: "Connecting to the server is failed. The addresses, which has type "file", aren't supported."

Can you tell me: "What's the matter and what shall I do?"

mike

Hi Nydo, welcome to the forums!

The "connecting to the server is failed" error, that's not something we see from Espionage. Is that error coming from Mail.app?

Please try to restore the folder back to normal and then encrypt it again. Open Espionage, unlock, and select the 'Mail' folder on the left side. Press the '-' button on the bottom to remove it off the list, which will restore it to normal folder. After that, repeat the process for the 'Mail Downloads' folder.

When you're done, please open Mail.app and see if it works normally.

If yes, please close Mail.app and then encrypt your Mail folders again by opening the main Espionage app, unlock and press the '+' button to select "Choose Application Template" and then select Mail.app again.

I hope that helps, please let me know.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

nydo

Hello Mike!

I thank you for your promt reply. I did exactly like you advised. Now 'iMail'  and 'Espionage' act
(work together) like they did before I upgraded my MacBook's operating system to 'Lion'.

Otherwise. It seems to be you're right that "the connecting to server is failed" error (message) hasn't
anything to do with Espionage.

Many thanks helping me.

marty

You are very welcome, nydo! I'm glad to hear that everything is working again for you.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Marty
Tao Effect Support

follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!