deny file-read-data on Espionage.keychain since Lion

Started by nexus66, August 15, 2011, 03:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexus66

Dear all,

I'm getting thousands (several 10 per second) of log messages a day like:

WebProcess(6656) deny file-read-data /Users/<myuserid>/Library/Application Support/Espionage/Espionage.keychain

from sandboxd since I have upgraded to Lion. The espionage version is 2.8.13 .

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers, nexus66

marty

Welcome to the forums, nexus66!

What you are seeing is due to Safari 5.1's new "sandbox" isolation process. Something within the Safari environment is attempting to check your Espionage keychain (for some reason) and due to this sandboxing, those accesses are denied. We are looking into what component(s) are causing these access attempts. Hopefully we can find something that can be done to minimize or eliminate these messages.

It's important to note that it is not Espionage making these access, and that it is not any kind of "attack" on your Espionage passwords stored in the keychain. It is simply something that needs to be looked into further from our point of view so that you don't get scared by the message and that it doesn't get logged so often — if that's possible.

/Marty
Tao Effect Support

follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

nexus66

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I wasn't scared too much - just wanted to decrease the log pollution after the lion upgrade
and this is not the only frequent warning. Thanks a lot for your very nice tool!

Cheers,

mike

Quote from: "nexus66"Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I wasn't scared too much - just wanted to decrease the log pollution after the lion upgrade
and this is not the only frequent warning. Thanks a lot for your very nice tool!

Cheers,

Hi Nexus,

We understand. I have gotten it myself as well when upgrading to Lion. Some of our users and myself managed to stop it from showing up by changing from Espionage Keychain to Login keychain and then back to Espionage keychain. Please try that and see if it'll help. Some reported it didn't work but others also reported that installing Lion cleanly without upgrading also helped and I can confirm this myself.

To change between Espionage and Login keychains, please open Espionage, unlock it and then go to its Preferences > Advanced. You can change it here. Please be cautious about remembering the password as some people can easily forget it when changing password more then once.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

nexus66

Thanks a lot again - this worked fine for me.

Cheers, nexus66

mike

Thanks for the update, I'm glad that worked for you.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!