KeyChain Missing!

Started by w2world, August 04, 2011, 11:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w2world

I had trouble using Espionage AFTER upgrading to OX Lion 10.7. I updated the latest version of Espionage and now the software does not work at all and I CAN NOT access any of my folders. The message I received is

"Keychain Missing!
Espionage cannot find its keychain file and there are 10 encrypted folders in the database. Please restore the keychain file back to Espionage's support directory, without it Espionage cannot proceed. If you cannot find it please contact support"

Where can I find the file to restore the keychain? what else can I do to resolve this problem

HELP!

mike

Hi w2world,

Your Espionage keychain is supposed to be stored in the following directory:
Home > Library > Application Support > Espionage
If you're on Lion, the Library folder is hidden by default. Please open Finder and go to the Go menu, press the option key to see the Library folder show up on the Go Menu and select it. Then go to Application Support > Espionage. It should have a file called Espionage.keychain in it.

If not, see if you can restore it with Time Machine if you have it. It shouldn't disappear out of nowhere.

If you can't locate a backup copy, you can reset the password for the Espionage app but you'll need to provide individual folder passwords for the locked password. To do this, please follow our instructions here:
   viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99#p229

I hope this helps, please let me know.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

w2world

i checked Application Support and can not find any Espionage folder. I used Time Machine and search back weeks BEFORE I install OX Lion and I still do not see any Espionage folder. Could it be saved another name? I don't see TaoEffect or anything similar to that. Please advise. Thx

w2world

Worst case how I do I uninstall?

mike

Hi,

Please try the following:
   1) Open Finder
   2) Choose Go > Go to Folder... in the menu bar
   3) Type or paste "~/Library/Application Support/Espionage" (without the quotes)
   4) Press return or click Go
   5) See if that'll help get you in there and if you don't see the keychain file, use Time Machine

Please let em know how it turns out.

w2world

There is no espionage folder

marty

Quote from: "w2world"There is no espionage folder
That would point to an even larger issue on your system, as each user account needs to have this folder created by Espionage to hold your software license, some "helper" code and optionally a keychain for holding your encrypted folder passwords.

It would be helpful to have the output from our diagnostic tool to look over. You can download and run this diagnostic tool (and be sure to mention in it this thread if you do).

Marty
Tao Effect Support

follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

w2world

Please send me link foe the diagnostic tool. Thx

mike

Hi w2world,

You can download it from here: http://www.taoeffect.com/other/TEDiagnosticTool.app.zip [Marty linked it as "this" in his post, sorry for the confusion].

I hope that helps.