Cannot establish communication with espionage helper

Started by jay, March 21, 2011, 07:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Hi there,

I downloaded the latest spy, followed your reset instructions, and changed the /applicationsupport/espionage folder several times. Still get the same error message of "Cannot establish communication with espionage helper."

I have vital information in some of my folders that I need to access asap. What should I do?

Thanks!

greg

Hi jay,

Try the suggestions in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=313&p=1019

Let us know if that doesn't help.

Kind regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

jay

Unfortunately, manually uninstalling it, then downloading a fresh copy, installing it, and then trying to open it has resulted in the same problem. It says "Waiting for EspionageHelper" and then give me the same error message as before. Any other ideas?

greg

Quote from: "jay"Unfortunately, manually uninstalling it, then downloading a fresh copy, installing it, and then trying to open it has resulted in the same problem. It says "Waiting for EspionageHelper" and then give me the same error message as before. Any other ideas?

Make sure that you have the latest version of Espionage installed (2.8.9). Then, if you're still having problems, please download and run this diagnostic tool, and be sure to mention this thread in the comments in the report before sending it.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!