Scheduled Compression of Espionage Sparse Images

Started by fellowweb, February 18, 2011, 12:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fellowweb

Hi there,

I just realized that I could save a lot of disk space after compressing the sparse images of encrypted Espionage folders using the following Terminal command:

hdiutil compact ".Secret.sparseimage"
I would love to automate this with an AppleScript to regularly run it as a scheduled script e.g. using launchd or simply a repeating iCal event.

Is there a way I can temporarily disable a specific Espionage folder (as described as step 2 here) using AppleScript (not GUI scripting though, please)?

Thank you!

greg

At the moment there is no way to easily automate this without GUI scripting. A command-line tool for manipulating Espionage'd folders is planned though.

Also, we are planning on making Espionage more active about managing folder sizes, so you might not have to worry about it in the future.  8-)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

fellowweb

Quote from: "greg"A command-line tool for manipulating Espionage'd folders is planned though.

Sounds great! Would a start for this be something as simple as the following?

Espionage.app/Contents/MacOS/Espionage -unlock "~/Secret Folder"
Quote from: "greg"Also, we are planning on making Espionage more active about managing folder sizes, so you might not have to worry about it in the future.  8-)

Ha, even better. :)

Keep up the great work!