Folders in sidebar

Started by Drew, December 07, 2010, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew

Greetings:

I have encrypted my document folder with Espionage.  Within the Document folder however, there are several other folders that I would like to add to the sidebar in the finder window as shortcuts.  I can do this fine when the Document folder is unlocked and the sub-folder work just fine as shortcuts.  However, once I lock the Document folder, all the shortcuts vanish; when I unlock the Document folder, the shortcuts remain no longer available.

Is there something I can set within Espionage so my shortcuts will continue to function?

Best,

Drew

greg

Quote from: "Drew"Is there something I can set within Espionage so my shortcuts will continue to function?

I haven't been able to figure out how to get around this behavior of the Finder's unfortunately. You can however, drag the folders into the Dock (on the right side of the divider), and those "aliases" will continue to work (when the folder is unlocked).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Drew

Many thanks for the reply.  I very much appreciate your efforts, but because of my work flow, unfortunately that won't work.  I didn't have this problem on the older version of the software, but I did see in another post why that is so.

I'll try to see if I can figure out a workaround and if it seems usable by others, will post back.  Thank you again!  Much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Drew

I found a workaround for what I wanted to accomplish.  My solution was to unencrypt the entire document folder I had locked, and lock ONLY the 1/2 dozen or so subfolders instead of the document folder, and then copy the subfolders  over to the sidebar.  Logged out, logged in...Viola!  Works fine this way.  Hope this is helpful for others.