Espionage & Drive Genius DrivePulse fix coming soon?

Started by macspectrum, June 09, 2011, 11:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macspectrum

I posted this on macupdate then brought this in here
=================================================================================
I bought an earlier version as part of a bundle and found that after setting up espionage I was getting lots of file errors from my Drive Genius DrivePulse monitor. I repaired the directory using DiskWarrior and things would be ok for a while and then I'd get the errors again.

I finally de-activated Espionage and my errors have gone away.

I'm using a Seagate Momentus Hybrid XT 500 GB HD in my MacBook Pro 17" (now 2.53 i5) 8 GB RAM, 10.6.7

I updated Espionage to the most recent version and will give it another try.
[Version 2.8.12]
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tao Effect Llc (developer) replied on 09 Jun 2011
Hi Macspectrum,

Unfortunately, Drive Genius' DrivePulse feature causes problems for Espionage. If you disable that feature before encrypting folders, you should then be able to re-enable it after they're encrypted.

Please contact our support team if you need any assistance or run into any issues:

http://www.taoeffect.com/espionage/support/

Best wishes,
Greg, Tao Effect

----------------------------------------------

Macspectrum replied on 09 Jun 2011
@Tao Effect Lic - thanks for the work around

I may try Espionage again

any plans for you to fix this incompatibility with DriveGenius DrivePulse in future releases of Espionage?

greg

At the moment our efforts are focused on implementing some higher-priority core features, so there is no concrete timetable to implement a workaround for the DrivePulse incompatibility, but we can certainly look into it. If it turns out to be something that is easy to fix we will!
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!