Opening Preview causes unlock prompt

Started by communityguy, May 18, 2009, 07:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

communityguy

I've only encrypted one folder thus far with Espionage and it's working great for several weeks now.

But in the last few days, I've noticed that when I open Preview.app, I'm prompted to unlock my locked folder. This is when I am opening a file from the desktop, not the locked folder!

Along these lines, when I go to save files, I'm not often prompted to unlock my locked folder, even when the recent save folder was the desktop. (Meaning it's not trying to access the locked folder when I open the save... dialog box because that was where I last saved something... my last save was the desktop!)

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Jake

greg

Hi Jake, sorry to hear of the unusual trouble, are you running the latest version of Espionage?

Also, is the folder that you've encrypted in the side-bar? (i.e. alongside the other folders in the sidebar like Documents, Movies, Music, etc.)

One thing that you may one to try is to add Preview to the blacklist, you can do this directly from the password prompt itself (just click the little blue button in the lower left of the password prompt).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!