When are you going to get rid of keychain dependancy?

Started by soundman{^}, October 26, 2010, 12:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundman{^}

You've mentioned in a previous post and in an email to me that you were planning to use another method of secure access.
I am waiting to install Espionage until this occurs.  I know TrueCrypt doesn't rely on keychain access, for example.

Have you made progress in this endeaver and could you give me a resonable time estimate for incorporation into an update?

greg

Hey soundman,

Quote from: "soundman{^}"Have you made progress in this endeaver and could you give me a resonable time estimate for incorporation into an update?

Yes, this is a top-priority, though complex item on our list. We have had several top-priority bugs that have needed fixing so we've been focussing on making sure Espionage is working smoothly for people before adding any non-essential improvements. Now that we've released 2.8.6 we should have more time to focus on improvements such as this, however, I'm sorry, but I can't give an estimate as for when it will be finished. It is very difficult to predict these things. We haven't forgotten about it though.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!