Master Password & Uninstall Issue

Started by Spiritomb, October 03, 2010, 05:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritomb

I got Espionage as part of a bundle via MacUpdate:

I thought I installed it using my own keychain, but I must have used the Master password option.

I tried to open the application this evening and it prompted me for my password, which i entered (account pass)
- I then noticed it said Master Password. I don't know what this is - foolishly I have forgotten my pass.

I tried moving the folder from application support to the desktop and then re-opening the app. But it still asked for
the master Password.

I know you should uninstall with the embedded uninstaller but how can I access that if I can't get in, or indeed change/reset
the Master password?
- Well I then tried deleting the App suing 'App Zapper'; which didn't work because now when I try emptying the trash it tells
me the item is in use, and also I keep getting prompted for the master password.

I installed the app on a whim following the MacBundle offer - Now I wish I had never heard of Espionage.

Can someone please help me get it off my system for good
- I will not be using it again.

Thanks
DaN

greg

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear of the trouble, we'll do our best to assist. We understand Espionage is not for everyone, and in a bundle you often get a lot of software, some of which you'll find a use for, and others that you won't.

Using a third-party uninstaller won't completely uninstall Espionage. What you can do though is restart your computer and then you should be able to empty the Trash. I recommend, however, re-downloading Espionage and installing it, and then using its built-in uninstaller. This will remove additional items that AppZapper did not get.

You may also find these instructions on resetting Espionage useful.

Best regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!