Addressbook not empty

Started by kuja, September 18, 2010, 11:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuja

Hi,
I searched the forum and found a post with the same issue, but after the latest release I keep still keep noticing the same issue.

Each time I open my Addressbook after a restart I get the message that the folder 'Addressbook' is not empty and being renamed.
Any ideas how this can be solved? Some setting I need to change? Or is this still a know issue?

Kind regards.

greg

Yes, this is still a known issue, hopefully we'll fix it in 2.5.6, but no promises. It would help us fix it if you could either give a detailed listing or post a screenshot of exactly what is inside of the folder (and any subfolders) of the saved folder (screenshot if preferred).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

kuja

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the very quick response!

Attached a screenshot. You'll notice 2 saved folders. The first one seems to contain 2 files. The latest one,  just contains a folder called Metadata without any files in it.
If more info needed to help you pinpoint the problem, just let me know.

Kind regards.

greg

Thanks kuja, this has been a very difficult problem to fix unfortunately (we've tried various things). For the next release of Espionage, we might include as a workaround a checkbox in the advanced preferences to disable this behavior in Espionage, and Espionage will then simply delete these folders instead of saving them. While this does sound like it could lead to data loss, the chance of that is minimal, and we'll make sure to provide ample warning to remind users to backup their folders.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

tom

I'm having the same problem not only for AddressBook, but also for Calendars.