No "Lock Folder" option in context menu

Started by kronic, September 10, 2010, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kronic

Hi there,

I just bought espionage and installed it. as a admin there is the function "Lock Folder", but as a normal user this function is missing in the context menu. why is that so? any suggestions? logged in as admin evrythiing works fine, but after the installation as a normal user this handy context menu feature "Lock Folder" is missing ;(

thanx!!!

kronic

Just reinstalled the app, but the problems remains: No "Lock Folder" in the context menu when logged in as normal user; as admin no prob. does anyone know how to get "Lock Folder" into the context menu of the finder?

Thanx

greg

Odd, if you select a folder in the Finder and then look into the Services menu (in the Finder menu), what do you see? (Perhaps you can upload a screenshot?)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

kronic

Logged in as normal user :( none
Logged in as admin i can see the "Lock Folder" Option.

how can we fix it? can we?

greg

Thanks kronic, I'll have a look into this to see if we can reproduce it, and then if we can, whether we can fix this. :-)

I'll update this thread with any progress. In the meantime you can lock the folder by using the Espionage icon in the menubar.

kronic

hey greg,

did u find a fix? I´m running 10.6.4!

swatt605

Hi Greg,

sounds like the same problem as mine. I dont alternate between users - just my login which is admin level - yet I too dont have the contextual 'lock' option.

cheers
Steve

greg

Thanks guys, we're on the case, we think we know what the issue is. For now please use the global Espionage menu to lock the folder, or, open the folder and right-click on the white background of the window and choose "Eject", it has the same effect.

swatt605

Hi Greg,

any news on the lock option ?

best wishes
Steve

kronic

greg,

same question: any news on the lock option ???

best,
chris

greg

Quote from: "swatt605"any news on the lock option ?
Quote from: "kronic"same question: any news on the lock option ???

Hey guys, yes, it is being worked on, but progress was slowed by a bike accident I had, please be patient. The alternatives I mentioned should hold you over.

swatt605

Sure Greg - get well first,

best wishes
Steve

greg

This should be fixed in 2.8.6, released today.

swatt605

thanks Greg,

welcome back

greg

Quote from: "swatt605"welcome back

Thanks! :)

I've decided San Francisco is not a great place to ride a bike unfortunately.  :P