Espionage with MobileMe and Address Book

Started by jwyoung5, July 09, 2010, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwyoung5

I have Espionage set up to encrypt Address Book.  Since I use MobileMe for syncing, it is set up to auto login on startup, I enter the password and everything is OK.  The problem seems to be that the folder(s) is not getting locked properly when I shut down at the end of the day.  When I start up the next day, Espionage tells me that the addressbook folder already exists and is not empty (or something to that effect) and so it makes a backup. I noticed that if I manually lock the folder before shutting down, this doesn't happen.  Is this the way it's supposed to work?  Do I have to manually lock folders before shutting down? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

John

greg

Hey John,

Yes this is a known issue with the recent updates, and I think it has to do with some of the changes we made with regards to SmartMove. If you'd like to try some beta builds out to let us know whether we've fixed this or not, please send us an email to our support address and be sure to mention this thread in it and your interest to try the betas.

Note though that it may be a little while before we get them to you, as during the next week we're going to be completing a move across the country to San Francisco.

Sincerely,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!