"Alert" message on login for every folder after 2.8 update

Started by Bernak, June 23, 2010, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernak

Hello,

not sure something went a little wrong, but after the 2.8 update I get the message "Alert! Please lock '<folderName>' prior to moving or renaming it" on every computer startup.

Is there something I can do to tell Espionage everything it´s good so it wont complain?

Thanks

greg

Hey Bernak, sorry about that. Looks like something is a bit hyperactive on your system (we didn't notice such behavior during testing). We'll update Espionage soon to take the hits silently. ;-)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

greg

We've just released 2.8.1, hopefully it should address this issue, please let us know if it doesn't!

Bernak

Thanks for the upgrade, but I am still getting the message on every startup...
I will check better, but I think it shows several times for the same folder. Because I configured growl to hide the message automatically, I never get time to read every one of them, because they are around 10.
I will change that and report better, hopefully soon.

Regards

greg

If you'd like you can send us a screenshot either via an attachment to this thread, a link, or an email to show us what's going on. Also, it would help to know what folders you've encrypted and how they're setup, you can send us that info using this utility.

bastibechtold

I am getting the same behaviour. Every time I log in, Espionage growls an "Alert" message in addition to its "Unlocked" message.

nomolo

I'm getting this too...

greg

We're just completing a move across the country (hence the delayed response), but no worries, we are looking into this.

greg

This should be fixed in 2.8.3, released today.