iPhoto Library #1 but not #2?

Started by jreffner, October 06, 2009, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jreffner

Question:

If I have 2 iPhoto libraries which are both in the Pictures folder and I want to use Espionage to encrypt one of them (say it is library #2), then how would I do it?

I'm switching Libraries via iPhoto Library Manager which you can find here:  http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/

The trouble is that it appears to encrypt both libraries when I try to encrypt one.

Any suggestions?  

Many thanks!

greg

Can you be more specific about the paths to these libraries?

The default iPhoto library is in ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library. If iPhoto Library Manager (iPLM) simply switches out the contents of what's inside that folder then that means that likely whatever is switched out is not encrypted, and whatever it switches in becomes encrypted, so that one of the libraries is always unencrypted (if that's what it does, we haven't looked).

On the other hand, if iPLM somehow keeps the two libraries separate and can simply tell iPhoto which one to use without moving around files, then you should be able to encrypt one and not the other.

This may be a question that you should ask the iPLM folks really, because it depends on how their software works, and we cannot provide support for their software.

Kind regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!