Problem Opening Espionage

Started by MuggsMcGinnis, December 12, 2012, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuggsMcGinnis

I noticed a few days ago that I could not launch Espionage. I have Apple tech supp so I called and they said they couldn't help with someone else's product (not even to help me find out if an error was being generated... does Apple support seem less helpful, lately?) but recommended reinstalling Espionage. I now have two padlock icons at the top of my screen... one of which still just chimes an error when I try to launch Espionage, and the new one that doesn't know anything about my encrypted folders.

Help?

zsolt

Hello, I guess you ended up with two versions of Espionage.
The one you had problems with is Espionage 2 and it now chimes because you downloaded the Espionage 3 which replaced the Espionage 2 application in your application folder.
The second padlock belongs to this espionage 3 but it does not know anything about the old folders because the folders will not automatically transfer to espionage 3.

If my assumptions are correct then please quit espionage 3, rename it in application folder to espionage 3, then download again the espionage 2 from taoeffect.com and try to launch it.

If it fails then this is the error message I need to help you out...unless you want to upgrade to espionage 3, in that case we can just recover your data from espionage 2 and uninstall it and then move it all to espionage 3.

Let me know your preference.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

davispriestley

I've just downloaded Espionage 3. It opened once and allowed me to set a global password, but now will not open again. It says the application is running (won't let me delete) but the app does not show up in the force quit menu or have any other visible signs of running. I force deleted through terminal, restarted and downloaded a new version. Won't open. Any thoughts?

zsolt

Hello, do you have a padlock menu item in your menu bar? This is how you access Espionage.
Let me know if this helped.
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support