Unlock all folders from main Espionage window?

Started by nomolo, July 18, 2010, 01:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomolo

Would it be possible to have the option of unlocking all folders from the main Espionage window?

When I'm travelling, I normally put my MacBook to sleep and keep all my encrypted folders locked.When I reach a 'safe' place I generally need to unlock all my locked folders. This requires me to repeat the identical series of clicks (deselect 'locked', then select 'save') 10 times, for each of 10 locked folders.

Having a one-click option to unlock them all would be a great advantage!

greg

Hi nomolo,

Thanks for the feature suggestion! We'll consider add it, but just to let you know, Espionage has an auto-unlock at login feature for folders that you can use to have folders automatically unlocked when you login to your user account. Also, generally speaking, with Espionage you shouldn't need to use the application very much after you've set your folders up. The recommended workflow is to simply unlock folders as needed by opening them either from the Espionage menu icon or by double-clicking on them.

Kind regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

nomolo

Greg - thanks.  I always use the auto-unlock feature. But it doesn't suit me when travelling.  I sometimes need to be able to grab a few minutes work when I can, eg when waiting for a train. So when I leave home I lock all folders and put the MacBook to password protected sleep. If I need to squeeze a little work in while waiting for a train I don't have to wait for log-in, which is very slow particularly with auto-unlock of all folders. I just unlock the one folder I need at the time.  

Also, I'm aware of the risk of theft when travelling, so don't want all my folders unlocked - just the one I'm working on. But when I get to the hotel/home, then I do unlock everything, and would prefer to be able to do it in one go, from the main window, without having to unlock each of 10 folders individually or having to restart...

socrates

Hi

I'd also like to be able to unlock all folders from Espionage itself (in addition to unlocking all at log in)