error 1 when booting

Started by JeanMi, November 26, 2009, 10:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanMi

Hi everybody,
I am currently giving a try to this very useful software. Everything's works perfectly, I mean locking and unlocking a folder, I can retrieve and save data from and to this folder. The problem arise at boot time from an external drive, I keep getting a window telling me "Couldn't establish communications with ispy. Error 1. EspionageHelper will quit now". This happens whatever machine I try to externally boot from the same drive. The same behavior exists when launching espionage from the finder too.
I initially locked the above-mentioned folder from the same external drive from which I usually boot.

Consequently I can't change any setting, nor register from Espionage itself.

Any hint would be greatly appeciated,

Thanks in advance.
PS: Mac os X 10.5.8, external boot drive usb2, Espionage V. 2.5.4

greg

Hi JeanMi,

My apologies for the delayed response, I was away for Thanksgiving break and for various reasons unable to access my laptop.

From your description it sounds like Espionage is not properly installed on the drive that you're booting from, but was installed properly on some other drive.

The forums may be a difficult medium for me to assist you with this issue as it makes sending various data such screenshots difficult, so if you'd prefer to contact us via support email in your response please do so (but be sure to reference this thread so that we know the context).

When you successfully boot from your external drive and run Espionage 2.5.4, what happens? Can you send us screenshots and a description?

Thanks,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!