Removing Folders and Uninstalling

Started by cgpryor, March 24, 2013, 10:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgpryor

Hi,

I bought Espionage, and I've decided it doesn't work well for my workflow. I want to remove my previously encrypted directories from espionage's control, and then uninstall espionage.

After unencrypting all my encrypted folders, I can't find any way to remove them from espionage's control. (Each time I restart they're encrypted again). How do I remove an unencrypted folder from espionage all together?

I also want to uninstall. The FAQ says there's an 'Uninstall Espionage' option in the menu. I have no "File, Edit, View..." menu bar for Espionage, so I'm guessing this refers to the settings pulldown menu, but there's no option to uninstall there. So, how do I do this?

Cheers,

Chris

zsolt

Hello Chris, I'm not sure how did you restore your folders, but if you are using Espionage 3, you should just right click on the folder and select "Decrypt folder", this will restore the folder back into it's normal state and then remove it from Espionage.
To uninstall Espionage 3, there is nothing special to do, just quit it and drop the application from the Applications folder into Trash.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

cgpryor

Zsolt,

I decrypted all folders and moved Espionage out of the applications folder and into to the trash, like you said. I made a backup of the decrypted files, then I restarted.

Every file in every folder that I had originally encrypted (and then decrypted) is now hidden and inaccessible, the way it was when it was encrypted. I'm unable to restore those files because espionage is 'uninstalled' in the trash.

I could move espionage back out of the trash and into applications and restart again to get Espionage working again. And I have the backups. But that's really not the point. My files shouldn't be hidden/inaccessible to me after I decrypted them and removed espionage. This needs to be resolved.

What should I do now?

Chris

zsolt

Hello Chris, I cannot determine what happened so the best would be that we make a remote session and I take a look into this.
I should be available after 4PM GMT time today, please mail me which time would be convenient to you and we try to do it.
Pls mail me directly to mailto:taoeffect@macmesupport.com">taoeffect@macmesupport.com

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support