file still available after folder locked

Started by beachdog1, November 12, 2012, 09:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachdog1

After i lock a folder with files. i am still able to view the flle when i go to the application that opened it recently. how can i prevent this ?

zsolt

Hello, do you see the file name in the list but you cannot open the file, or you can actually open the file?
Can you please check if the file in question is inside the protected folder once you lock it, i.e. when you lock the protected folder, you still see some files in it?

Let me know you answer and then I can give you further instructions.

Thanks and rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

beachdog1

I could see it on the list and open the file. the file was not visible in the locked folder. when I tried again the file was on theist of recent files but was not opened because it could not be found

zsolt

OK, so the bottom line is that the file cannot be opened, it is just present on the list of recent files. This is something we probably cannot fix.
It is indeed a recent file and the menu is showing valid information, there is no way we can tell to menu to show some files but some not. At the time the files was opened it was a normal file and has full rights to be shown.
So as long as you cannot actually open the file when the folder is locked, I would say Espionage works as expected.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support