force remove from database causes the app to crash

Started by oriel29, June 12, 2012, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oriel29

I have a folder, that has been corrupted, it is Un-mountable,  and empty.
still, when trying to right click and "force remove from data-base "

the app immediately crushes (just shuts down, even without opening a log)

please help

zsolt

Hello Oriel29,

This is a valuable input. Please, what happens when you try to unlock it? And what do you see as mountpont and disk image target when you click on the small "i" near the folder name?
I would like to learn more about the state of this disk image, it might help to figure out what is wrong.

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

oriel29

HI,

here are some screen shots, as you can see, the is no mounting point available to select (empty)

trying  to unlock it pops an error

zsolt

Hello Oriel29,

I see that the mount point is defied in Espionage, it is called Private, but I do not know if it still exists. Click on the it, it will reveal the folder Path, is this path valid or not? If not, can you select one valid empty folder as mount point? if it is, is this Private folder in any way special, like an alias or on external volume or a mounted disk image or something else?

I see that the disk image target is not defined, do you still have the disk image which was associated with this folder in Espionage? If yes, can you locate it and set the proper path to it inside of Espioange, if not, can you create a small encrypted sparse bundle with Disk Utility and set the disk image target in espionage to this disk image? Espionage will obviously not able to mount the disk image, but that is not important now, I just want to know if it will crash again.

Which error do you get when you try to unlock the folder?

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

oriel29

created a new disk image, tried to point it as mounting point, it wasn't  possible
and still the program crashes

zsolt

Hello Oriel29

The disk image you cannot use as mount point, mount point is just a folder, and for disk image target you have to select a disk image...

Are you maybe available for a remote session and then we can take a look together into this. I would be available tomorrow around this time (8PM till 10PM GMT+2 time, same as Paris, Berlin, Rome)

Zsolt

oriel29

no problem, remote session is cool

you can drop me a message in my mailbox after you log in

i use Team viewer for remote sessions