When will password prompt be out for application association

Started by Mighty Boo, May 28, 2012, 07:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty Boo

Been tracking the progress of Espionage, well done on the new update. But my main purpose of using this app is for Mail App encryption.

With Espionage 3, I am still able to:

(1) Select Mail App, then encrypt it.
(2) Restart Mac (Reopen windows when logging back in... checkbox will remember the previous setting.. so my new default is off. No more conflict)
(3) BUT Upon Opening Mail App, it opens as if its brand new day 1. No password prompt saying the Mail App has been encrypted.
(4) I have to Close the Mail App now, and manually UNLOCK the Mail App by opening Espionage App and selecting it.

---When Will password prompt feature be coming back, its a simple feature that makes a whole difference? I really hope we can get a definitive answer before the 50% sale is gone...

Manaburner

Hi,

according to this blog post http://www.taoeffect.com/blog/ it's gone forever.

Regards,
Michael

Mighty Boo

It is what it is now. Would be great if they can come out a comparison matrix box to compare with other competitors in the market with regard to software features.

greg

As explained in the announcement, we decided to remove this functionality for various reasons, many associated with the changes Apple introduced in Lion. We don't know whether this feature will be back ourselves. The likelyhood is small at the moment. Yes, we miss it too.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!