Help!!! Mac broken..

Started by vicdron, August 24, 2017, 02:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicdron

Hi all!

My Macbook pro 13" 2009 has died  :-\ but HDD it's ok!
I want to recover the encrypted folder in a new MAC OS sierra.
I have installed the last version of Espionage 3.6.6, but I don't know how to recover the info..... in the encrypter folder only there are a file named icon? and nothing more...
Please I need to recover these files  :-[

Thanks a lot!!

zsolt

Hello,

​If you protected only folders on your startup disk then all Espionage related files are in one place, this is your home folder/Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3

​This is the folder you have to copy onto the new mac before you launch espionage for the first time (if you launch it before that, it is no big deal, the difference is only that if Espionage does not find this folder on startup, it will take you through setup process and create the folder, then you have to quit Espionage and replace the newly created folder with the one from your old mac)

​To reach that folder through finder, you hold the option key and select Library from the Finder's Go menu, once inside Library folder the further subfolders are normally visible.

Considering you launched Espionage already, then there will already be a com.taoeffect.Espionage3 folder. Quit espionage, rename that folder and then copy the one from your backup/old drive over.

Then launch Espionage and your folders should be there,

Let me know how it went,

Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

vicdron

Hi Zslot! Very very thanks!! you are de best ;)
Finally following your instructions I can recover the all files, I owe you a beer  :D

zsolt

You are welcome, I will buy myself a beer and you help to somebody you can help to the same way I helped you (and hope for a beer:-))

Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support