Internal workings

Started by markrmark, February 23, 2017, 08:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markrmark

I work in IT and am a software developer.

I'm evaluating Espionage 3 for encryption use.

Something I'm not sure about... it appears that Espionage is internally using Sparsebundles... instead of using something like TrueCrypt / LUKS etc. How does Espionage achieve any real level of plausible deniability using Sparsebundles?

For example if I encrypt one folder, it appears in the Data/ folder as a Sparsebundle. If I encrypt another folder, it appears in the Data/ folder. If someone wanted to know if I had given them all the folder set passwords, all they would have to do is look at all the folders that the password I gave them accessed, and see if there were other Sparsebundle files in Data/ that they did not have access to.

Am I missing something?

zsolt

Helo Mark
During initial Espionage setup, the wizard will generate a random number of dummy sparse bundles, you will be asked how many and which size or it will do it random for you. This breaks the one to one relation between of total number of protected folders and number of support bundles.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support