Rename folder on the list

Started by Bernak, December 02, 2013, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernak

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to change the name of the encrypted folder in the list of folders in the Espionage Menu.
It would be a nice help for me to organize the items better. If it isn't possible, I want to suggest that feature. It might also help for plausible deniability in particular cases (maybe).

Thanks!
Bernak

zsolt

It is not possible, it takes the name of the folder you want to protect.
Doing it any other way would just confuse most of the users.
However, if you want to invest some time into this, then there is a way to do it.
Say you want to protect folder "secret", but want to have it listed in Espionage as "not secret".
First, rename the folder to "not secret", add it to Espionage.
Now lock it, rename it in the Finder back to "secret", in Espionage an error will appear that the mountpoint is missing.
Click on small "i" near the folder name, and in the mountpoint drop down menu, select the "secret" folder as mount point.

I hope this helps,
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

Bernak

Thanks for the reply zsolt!
I will try the suggested method.

Quote from: zsolt on December 02, 2013, 12:30:34 PM
Doing it any other way would just confuse most of the users.
I am sorry to dissagree with you. The name of the folder its actually very little information, as you need the complete path to actually know the effect, which can be seen by looking at the mountpoint information. Another name may actually be more descriptive, even for new users. For example, if you want to use it to encrypt a folder that relates to an application, you can name the folder as the application, and not the strange name the folder could have, which cannot be changed. Another example could be when you have two folders that actually have the same name, but are in different locations.

Best regards,
Bernak

zsolt

OK, with your arguments, I can submit it for requested feature list.
Thanks for your input, and if you get stuck with rename as I explained, then let me know.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support