UnEncrypt probem with 3.6.2

Started by randyw, August 18, 2016, 04:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyw

Hello,

I am supporting a laptop running Espionage 3.6.2 on a system running OS X 10.8.5 (to be upgraded real soon now).

To unencrypt a folder the says to unprotect a folder to click on the Decrypt Folder button.
  When I click in the "i" icon for the folder there is no Decrypt Folder button but there is a Restore Folder button which in my test case, reverted all the files in the folder to the pre-encryption contents and dates.

How do I unprotect a folder in 3.6.2 ?

Also:  When I removed a folder from Espionage protection, the files in:
Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3/Data
are still there.
  Do I need to manually delete these files after unprotection ?

Thanks

Randy

randyw

Ooops,

The line:
To unencrypt a folder the says to unprotect a folder to click on the Decrypt Folder button

should read:

To unencrypt a folder the built in help says to unprotect a folder to click on the Decrypt Folder button

zsolt

Hello Randy

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you say but in short:
- right click onto the folder in the folder list in Espionage main window and you will get the option to decrypt or force remove the folder from database
- the decrypt option will return the folder into it's normal state and will delete the disk image which contained the data, plus it will remove the folder from the folder list, so all will be back as before you protected the folder
- the force remove from database will remove the folder from the folder list and move the disk image containing the data onto desktop, together with a text file containing the disk image password. This option can be used if you do not want to restore the data, just want to move it onto another computer, there you can import it into Espionage

I hope this answers your question,

let me know if I misunderstood you,

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support