Unable to change password

Started by tracedef, December 13, 2013, 02:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracedef

When I attempt to change the master I get the following error, both sub folders I've created have their own password that are not the same as the master:

"Error changing the master password"
Espionage found an existing SubDatabase with the same password.

zsolt

Hello, the reason for error is that you already created a new folder set with the password you want to set as new.
Espionage supports folder sets. To explain, I will use an example:

say you have 3 folders, the first 2 are somewhat secret and the 3rd is very secret.
So you create two folder sets, in the first you add the first 2 folders and in the second you add the 3rd.
Now if you enter the password for first folder set only the 2 folders will show up in Espionage, if you lock it and enter the password for second folder set then only the 3rd folder will show up.
The idea behind is that you get somebody forcing you to unlock your protected data, you can choose which password you will enter and there is no way the intruder can know if you have multiple passwords i.e folder sets. So you reveal only the less secret data.

So, I would say you already created a second folder set, to see if this is correct, just lock espionage and try to unlock it with this new password you want to use.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support