How to add encrypted folder to Finder favorites

Started by bdiggs01, September 29, 2012, 10:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdiggs01

Once a folder is encrypted by Espionage 3, I can't add it to the Finder favorites bar on the left of
the Finder.app.  How can I add them to the Finder Favorites?

Thanks in advance!

Brad

zsolt

Hello Brad, I just tested it and it works on Mountain Lion.
Can you please describe the exact procedure you used to add the folder to the Finder sidebar?
Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

bdiggs01

I am running Lion because I can't yet upgrade to Mountain Lion due to a few apps
that are not yet compatible.  Here is my procedure.
1. Encrypt folder
2. Open Finder.app
3. Navigate to parent folder of encrypted folder.
4. Click on encrypted folder and drag to Favorites section on the left side of Finder.

When I move the folder over to the Favorites section, it seems like it is going to add
it.  But when I let go after dragging it to Favorites, the folder is not listed under
Favorites.

Brad

zsolt

Let me test this on Lion tomorrow, at home I have only ML and SnowLeo.
I will let you know my results.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

zsolt

Hello Brad, I tested it and it works on Lion too. I used a test folder in my home/Documents folder. Can you try to create a test folder in your Documents folder, put a dummy file into it, add it to Espionage and then try to add it to favourites? (in my case the folder was locked when I added it to favourites)

Let me know.
Tx
Zsolt

bdiggs01

This appears to be a bug with Finder.  If I switched from "List View", to any other view I could
add the encrypted volume to the Finder Favorites list.  Even switching back to "List View" now
works for that folder.

zsolt

Thanks for the input, by default I use the column view so I did not even thing of switching the view. Also I see no reason why the folder view would influence the favorites. But indeed, I tested it now on mountain lion and the behavior is the same.

I'm glad you found a solution.

Rgds
Zsolt