Folder is being backed up, please wait

Started by sjf_control, June 06, 2011, 05:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjf_control

I recently upgraded to version 2.8.11 (from 2.8.10). After upgrading, the old version in the trash wouldn't delete. Eventually, I force it's deletion using "Trash-It".
Unfortunately, now when I try to open my encrypted folder, I get three growl notices that the folder is being backed up, and please wait until it finishes before unlocking.

How do I remove the backup lock so I can access my data?

Thanks.

greg

Sorry to hear of the trouble, please try the instructions in this post and let us know if that doesn't help!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=365#p1211
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

sjf_control

Thanks for the response. It seems that deleting the folder from espionage, then re-adding it back in resolved the problem. Is there still a need to perform the "silent" update?

greg

Quote from: "sjf_control"Thanks for the response. It seems that deleting the folder from espionage, then re-adding it back in resolved the problem. Is there still a need to perform the "silent" update?

Yes, I would recommend it.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

sjf_control

Done.

Initially, following directions, espionage wouldn't start with the helper app dragged to the desktop. (The old helper app was still running.)
Had to manually kill the helper app from activity monitor, then restart esp. At that point, the helper app was re-installed in the library path.
New helper app is dated 6/3 (orig 5/31), and is slightly larger than the original version. (Probably could have stopped espionage from the preferences, too.)

Thanks.

mike

Quote from: "sjf_control"Done.

Initially, following directions, espionage wouldn't start with the helper app dragged to the desktop. (The old helper app was still running.)
Had to manually kill the helper app from activity monitor, then restart esp. At that point, the helper app was re-installed in the library path.
New helper app is dated 6/3 (orig 5/31), and is slightly larger than the original version. (Probably could have stopped espionage from the preferences, too.)

Thanks.
Hi sjf_control,

I assume everything is working now?

On behalf of Greg, you're welcome.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

sjf_control

As near as I can tell, yes.
Thanks again

mike

Quote from: "sjf_control"As near as I can tell, yes.
Thanks again

That's great, thanks for letting us know!
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!