Time Machine backup file decrption

Started by helpmeTao, January 16, 2014, 09:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpmeTao

I've clean install OSX mavericks without knowing that there is certain backup procedure to follow. Now I installed new Mavericks and Espionage. My master folder password is the same as my previous one.(I don't think it really matters now) My encrypted folder resided on my external drive but I lost by accident. I have time machine backup. I entered my Time Machine and restore the .sparsebundle file to it's original location. BUT if I drag the Espionage encrypted file back to Espionage it mounts as a new file and it encrypt again.

Is there a way that I can decrypt Espionage file which I generated from different computer with only encrypted file?

zsolt

Hello, you also opened a support ticket and I replied there to you, however, in the support ticket the end of the sentence is missing, so I might add some more to my original reply:

if you restored the disk image to the original location, then there is no need to drag it into espionage, it should be already present there. Or you restored only the disk image, but not the rest of your data.

So again, just tell me if the disk image has some long random name, or it is named as the folder you protected and this will tell me which version are you running.

Then we can proceed.

Also tell me which OS X version are you running.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

helpmeTao

I'm using version3. I only recovered disk image from my Time Machine.
I didn't know that I also have to database as well to open up the file.

Should I copy all of the database under the folder or just one recent one?

Thanks.

zsolt

I replied you in the support ticket. If you prefer to lead the conversation here, just let me know.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support