Mail Inbox contents visible on startup

Started by nomolo, October 22, 2014, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomolo

I have my Mail folder encrypted. I have just restarted my MacBook Pro having had Mail open and found that, once the computer had started up, the contents of my Mail inbox were briefly visible for perhaps 1-2 seconds, allowing the contents of the 'From', 'Subject' and 'Date received' columns to be seen.  Immediately after that the list of messages disappeared and was replaced by the screen normally shown when trying to start Mail without unlocking it (an Inbox with no contents and a dialog saying "Choose a mail account to add").

I don't recall trying to launch Mail as I had not yet unlocked any folders.But I have a macro which launches Mail so its possible that  I may have hit the shortcut for launching Mail without thinking about it.

I have restarted a couple of times more, without reproducing this.

The console shows:

22/10/2014 18:41:14.641 Espionage[421]: INFO: backed up: /Users/mf/Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3/Backups/database3 2014-10-22 184114
22/10/2014 18:43:06.121 Espionage[178]: FAILURE: Job com.taoeffect.Espionage3Helper is not loaded in launchd.

I'm using 10.9.5 and Espionage 3.6.1

zsolt

Well if you cannot reproduce it then there is no chance I can reproduce it, and without that, there is little we can do about it.
There is this dumb way of displaying the previously open window upon boot, where OS X will show kind of a screenshot of the last state of the desktop at the moment you choose to log out or reboot, and keeps this snapshot on till it manages to open the applications which were displaying the windows...but this is only if you leave the "reopen windows upon login" option, which is not very good to do in combination with Espionage because Espionage will surely not be able to unlock the folders in time for app to start up properly, so it will probably start up blank.
Was this maybe this brief second you saw your inbox?

The console messages look fine.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support