Sidebar

Started by chale, August 07, 2012, 10:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chale

New to Espionage 3.  Seems like a great idea, however, upon encryption of a folder, I lose all links in my sidebar that were inside that folder.  Even when I unencrypt or unlock the folder, all my links are no longer there.  This is not good.  Is there a work around for this and is this a known issue/limitation?

zsolt

Hello Charles,

I suppose you added the folder to the sidebar when it was unlocked, correct? The reason why the protected folder disappears from the sidebar is because this folder behaves a bit like an external volume, and when you lock the folder, Finder considers the volume as ejected and removes the entry in the sidebar.
I just tested it, and try to add the folder when it is locked, and then try to unlock the folder. Over here this worked well, if you ignore the small cosmetic issue of having the eject icon near the folder name in the sidebar no matter the folder is locked or not.
I did not try to logout or reboot though.
In case it turns out that this does not work reliably, you can add the parent folder of the protected folder to the sidebar, it this way you would be one click away from the protected folder.

Let me know if this helped.

Rgds

Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support