Upgrade from Espionage 2 to 3

Started by tamer, June 26, 2012, 11:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamer

Is there a special upgrade price to upgrade from Espionage 2 to Espionage 3?

zsolt

Hello, there is not.V3 was on sale for a week upon release and this was considered the upgrade path.
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

tamer

Quote from: "zsolt"Hello, there is not.V3 was on sale for a week upon release and this was considered the upgrade path.
Rgds
Zsolt

So if one missed that one week window, that was it? Does not sound like a reasonable upgrade path to me. But it is your call, of course; I just won't pay another $19 for an upgrade.

fmcypriano

That kind of upgrade path makes sense only on the Mac App Store. Now that the app isn't there anymore I agree with tamer that it should have an upgrade price.

I didn't bought on that week because of a bug that wouldn't let me encrypt things inside ~/Library. I believe this has been solved now, but without the upgrade price I'm not feeling ok in buying it.

greg

Because the Mac App Store did not support it we didn't do the traditional upgrade approach. It's been quite a while now and lots of customers have purchased Espionage at the discounted opening week price (we informed all registered users about it), and if they didn't have the opportunity (for whatever reason) the current price. If we were to now offer an upgrade path it would cause quite a mess for the customers who didn't get it because they made their purchase before we had the opportunity to set it up, so we're not going to do that. Espionage 3 is quite a bargain (I think) right now, we lowered the price that was previously $34.95, and we may increase it again in the future.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!