Espionage sometimes activating High Performance Graphics on 2016 MacBook Pro

Started by tw70, January 11, 2017, 02:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw70

Hi,

It appears something in Espionage is occasionally causing the MacBook (running latest Sierra release) to activate high performance graphics.  As a file utility, I can't really see why this is necessary.  Is anyone else noticing the same?  See attached the Activity Monitor energy tab showing Espionage requiring HPG.

zsolt

Considering you opened a support ticket too, I will reply you there and then post the conclusion here.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

tw70

Thank you.  I posted here first in case anyone else might have some insight, but given the relatively low traffic on the forum thought it sensible to open a ticket as well.  I've replied to your queries there... hopefully we can figure out the cause.  :)

zsolt

For the public: the conclusion was that the problem happens when one locks espionage using Espionage menu, and remains until is not restarted (Espionage). It was put on the bug list and will be addressed in the future updates.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support