Invalid password

Started by socrates, May 30, 2012, 09:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socrates

Hi
I've been trying to upgrade to Espionage 3.
I unprotected/decrypted all my folders in Espionage 2 and then uninstalled using the uninstaller.
I then installed Espionage 3 trial and set it up. Chose a strong password- same one I've been using
When I go to unlock Espionage in the menubar, it says "invalid password".

I then uninstalled Espionage 3 and went through the setup process again, and chose a different strong password.
I still get the same error and I'm sure that I'm entering the correct password.

Any thoughts?

socrates

Ok, just tried the following:
Restarted computer
Repaired permissions
Uninistalled Espionage 3 and re-installed

Still get same error: Invalid password

Is there a maximum number of characters for the password?
Are any characters e.g symbols not recognised?

I don't get any errors during setup or choosing the password but I'm unable to unlock and use Espionage 3 with the exact same password I have just chosen....

greg

Hi socrates, were you able to successfully encrypt any folders with v3? If not (and only if not), then try this:

1) in the Finder press Apple+Shift+G and enter:

~/Library/Application Support/Espionage
2) Trash the 'database3' file while Espionage isn't running and then re-run Espionage. This is an important file but if you didn't encrypt anything it's safe to trash it.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

socrates

Thanks Greg.
I hadn't encrypted anything yet, because I couldn't get past the initial unlock screen.

I've trashed the database3 file and the same issue persists.
I've tried with another password and it now works.
If I try with my existing password that I used to use I get the same error.

I wonder if it doesn't like that password for some reason. It was long and included a few symbols

zsolt

Hello Socrates,

If you would be so kind to share with us the (well not the password itself) but at least the special characters you used in it and its length, so that we try to reproduce this.
If you prefer, you can send this info directly by email to me at mailto:taoeffect@macmesupport.com">taoeffect@macmesupport.com
But if you refuse, no hard feelings we all have a favorite password and like to keep it (very) secret :-)

Thanks in advance,
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support